Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Æbleskive Breakfast

When a cultural activity includes food, it increases the enjoyment of the experience! After passing the Danish American Cultural Institute many, many times, I decided to visit it.  DH and I went to their monthly Sunday breakfast and enjoyed ourselves immensely.  I was unfamilar with their special and delectable Æbleskive and fell in love with it immediately. The chefs showed me the steps in their preparation, which made me want to come back for more.  Since I just recently learned from my DNA that my background includes a huge percentage of Scandinavia (who knew!!--I guess those marauding Vikings were everywhere!!) I decided to get in touch with it.  Of course, I'll return in April for another delectable meal served by cheerful volunteers and social patrons with whom I enjoyed talking.
Linking to Our World Tuesday

 

11 comments:

  1. Looks like our "poffertjes" (Dutch mini pancakes). They are delicous with butter and icing sugar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct; these little pancakes are delicious!!

      Delete
  2. Being of partial Scandihoovian ancestry myself, I can testify to their talent for making wonderful high caloric goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look wonderful. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummie! And how I love your interesting Guthrie and the Big River scenes...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks fun and festive ~ lovely people photography ~ food looks good too ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Peaceful week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Scandinavian in me too and love the treats! I still remember the pastries I had in Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm those are making me hungry. What a pretty smile the lady has.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My half Danish mother talked about these yummies but never succeeded in making them. As with so many pastries these look delectable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks so yummy! and how nice of them to show you behind the scenes! i was surprised to find out that i was 22% scandinavian!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!