Monday, February 29, 2016

Sophie Joe's Emporium

First, Happy Birthday to all the Leap Year babies!


 An artist with the initials "ES" painted this mural outside the entrance to Sophie Joe's Emporium on W-7th Street in Saint Paul in 2011.  Obviously it needs a touch up here and there, but it's a terrific draw into the establishment, which is a large space with dozens of small booths that the individual vendors rent to sell their "stuff" on consignment. Below you can see a detail of the large mural as well as one of the booths.  I could spend a whole day in this space, going from one consignment space to another.

Linking to Monday Murals

16 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! Love the mural Kate and I definitely like the look of the 'stuff' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic mural! It is definitely eye-catching and has a bit of a retro feel.
    I will be digging through my archives tonight, desperately searching for something. If that fails, there's always my sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute mural and I'm right there with you browsing those shops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great mural! Love to browse through the store, that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mural does draw your attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. now that's one way to stay young

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! And good clean fun with just a hint of something more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vintage mural, vintage background pictures...I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great!
    I have a friend who has her birthday today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wandering in those kind of spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mural! It is something HAPPY about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It caught my attention, although I was a bit disappointed to learn that it had to do with a consignment shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Esther Williams with a rubber duckie. Gotta love it. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love places like this. They're designed for endlessly interesting hours of browsing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!