Sunday, February 28, 2016

Our Friday Field Trip


Once a week my DH and I plan a Friday Field Trip, which brings us to cultural and social activities and places that take us out of our daily routine.  It always ends the week on a positive note and sparks up the week-end. Last Friday we went to the Minneapolis Institute of Art to see the new exhibit, "State of the Art: Discovering American Art Now."  It is an eclectic collection of 132 works from 52 living American Artists, which includes sculpture, paintings, photographs, and fabric art, for example. The print above is from Kirk Criipens in California which shows the effects of "The Great Recession: Foreclosure."  By coincidence the next night we went to see the movie, The Big Short.
Both the image in the print and the movie were very sobering.

8 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a Friday ( or Saturday) Field Trip.
    What a nice thing to do!
    I might suggest the same for my husband, so THANK YOU for the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you both enjoy the Field Trip. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! That movie was very well done and very sobering for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the art subconsciously lead you to choose the Big Short ... I tried reading the book and gave up ... Maybe the movie would hold my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange how art and entertainment can intersect like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Big Short is next on my list. Just saw Spotlight, also very sobering. I love your field trip idea...there is so much to experience around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Friday field trip sounds like a great idea and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friday field trips are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!