Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Swede Hollow


Swede Hollow is a very historic area of St. Paul, and in years past it was one that "welcomed immigrants" but alas it was also a place that was close to being a slum.  Read about it here. It is a different place today.  Since I haven't been to the Swede Hollow Cafe in years, a friend and I went there for breakfast recently.  It is still the same quaint and charming cafe, but renovations are under construction.  I was most fascinated by what is occurring on its property and how they are sharing its spaces.

Linking to signs, signs


18 comments:

  1. I'm seeing this type of project written about more frequently; it's a wonderful example of grassroots activism, and will help the people involved develop valuable skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this makes my heart feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swede Hollow looks to have turned itself around in a positive way Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful project. It makes me happy to see things like this going on. It's such a counter to the news stories about people who think religious freedom equates to discrimination of others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are always new people who need to be welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! We need more places like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wonderful when old slummy areas are repurposed and made viable again! I also echo Sharon's sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More city and towns should get into line. Good ideas espoused.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like a worthwhile project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Community garden projects like this one are just great. Perfect sign for this site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am all in for involving the children and the youth in gardening. It's time they learn where their food comes from.

    My SIGNS, SIGNS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Programs like this are such a win win proposition. Top notch education.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to have roots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good work being done here!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an excellent program.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the rocky setting for dining outdoors and adore the creative contribution to a youth programme..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!