Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fitness for Life


Victim? Volunteer?
James hustles up Ramsey Hill
Staying fit for Life




Last Thursday (August 9) I introduced you to Van Evans who started a neighborhood fitness progam on the corner of Summit Avenue and the top of Ramsey Hill.  James posed for me so that I could show you some of the action that takes place there on most Saturday mornings from 8:30-10:30 am.  James is a native St. Paulite who graduated from  Highland Senior High and then attended the University of Minnesota.

13 comments:

  1. Staying fit is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for him. Nothing like staying fit. Or so I've been told. That Gopher tee reminded me of my first year at the U of M and the first time I saw some members of the football team in a cafe. I was astounded that none of them had necks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Up a hill? No thanks, I like my running to be flat, he musts put in some intense workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel guilty looking at him...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo of his shirt raises a question I have never thought of before. Why would a school choose gophers for a mascot? Does anybody like gophers? They are annoying. They are persistent, but not fearsome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting the neighborhood into shape is quite a challenge ....good for him. I live at the top of a steep hill. Walking up it is about all I can do. Can't even imagine running up it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your portraits, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it's working.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could do that run!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Already if I could stop smoking...! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so admire people who make a dedicated effort to keep fit Kate, I'm more your sporadic type. I too could look as fit and healthy as James, if only...! Excellent portrait.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!