Friday, June 21, 2019

Hearts of Our People: Native Women Artists


I have lived here in the Twin Cities for decades and have seen many marvelous exhibits over the years, but none have been as spectacular as this one, which is "the first exhibition of artwork by Native women that spans 1,000 years of creative ingenuity. Featuring over 115 masterworks--from pottery, textiles, and painting to photography and new media...that show astonishing innovation and technical mastery." Read more about the exhibit and its conception by the Minneapolis Institute of Arts here. For the next few days, I will post a variety of objects from the exhibit. I have chosen this particular one because it is an unexpected contemporary art piece. . . unexpected because it is not a typical piece of native art.




4 comments:

  1. I really like those pieces too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for showing this work. I would love to see this show, and I might just do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that is a show I would love to see. Beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!