Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Taste-Seattle Art Museum Cafeteria




We spent several hours in SAM, the Seattle Art Museum, on our last day in the city.  We stopped first at the cafeteria and discovered some art by Todd Horton lining the walls.  What a bright and cheerful introduction to this outstanding museum! We enjoyed our delicious, light lunch while surrounded by these wonderful paintings. I sent him a fan letter because I appreciate his talent and the paintings gave us much pleasure. Guess what!? He responded!

If you would like to see more of his paintings, or better yet, buy one or two, contact him here: http://www.toddjhorton.com
Love this little fella--"The Forest Poet"
Artist's Statement: A painting needs to reflect mystery, and if possible, amplify it.  I want to end up with a painting that I haven't entirely planned.  The method of chance, inspiration, and destruction may produce a specific type of picture, but it never produces a totally predetermined one.  And in allowing an unplanned outcome, I hope to achieve the same coherence and objectivity that a random slice of nature always possesses - Todd Horton



10 comments:

  1. I like his paintings and how wonderful he responded to your fan letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these! I think the fox is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one made me feel melancholy. A nice melancholy, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work. I do like the fox the most.... Look at the eyes.
    I will send you a "Norwegian" greeting today.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are delightful Kate, that was so nice of you to write to the artist, I bet he appreciated it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess the fox speaks to me too. We have them in Colorado, but have only seen them a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I would love to see this exhibit. Lovely artwork and critters. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see why you were taken with this artwork. How nice of Todd Horton to respond to your fan mail!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!