Friday, August 12, 2011

JERRY C, #34 of 100 Strangers Photographs


There's a delightful store that sells shoes and clothing on the corner of 34th Avenue and 50h Street in Minneapolis, Mn, where I recently bought a pair of New Balance sneakers.  Jerry C who retired from Bachman's Florist where he was in charge of leasing plants to individuals and businesses.  Despite living in Cannon Falls which requires a long commute to the Nokomis store, he has been working there since he retired 12 years ago.  i took several photos and this unsmiling portrait of Jerry is the only one that really turned out.  I must learn to take far more photos,  but I was having a good time chatting with Jerry, a very friendly fellow, and I ignored my primary task of taking a good photograph! Now that I have made him famous, I hope he'll forgive me for posting an unsmiling portrait when one in which he was smiling would have been a better reflection of his personality!

11 comments:

  1. une belle rencontre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:06 AM

    A bit of a Riesling....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice portrait even if he wasn't smiling. Actually, he looks rather deep in thought and was probably wondering what else he could sell to that goofy photographer! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! he does look tres serious Kate, but I'm sure it was but a fleeting moment. I wear New Balance too, great for walking...let's hope they do all the 'toning' they're advertised to do!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still a good shot. Lots of different emotions held within us. Here's one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Jerry, nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He does look quite serious in this shot, but a good portrait anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He does look like he's deep in thought. I find it very brave of you to ask to take photos of strangers! I've only done it one or two times. I usually wait until they've walked by to take photo. None of them are as interesting as this one of Jerry. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Kate, now you have a reason to go back and ask for a re-take! (I am sure we all mess up and wish we had taken more or better pictures . . . I sure do!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He doesn't look too friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If he's friendly, he'll probably forgive you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!