Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A Pink Holiday


I have posted the Sunken Garden seasonal floral show at the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory many times over the past several years.  Instead of the traditional very red poinsettias for this holiday season, this year the petite flowers were white and varied hues of pink.  About 20 members of a hiking club I just joined walked to the conservatory from another member's house that is closer to the park.  Despite the fact that I trailed behind all the hikers, the cold wind and weather with sidewalks covered with snow and ice were largely forgotten after arrival and the sight of the floral display.



7 comments:

  1. This is so, so pretty! (And I love your header, too.) Traditional red displays are always striking but the pink is a striking change of pace. What a feast for the senses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous! This is a wonderful place to visit and a wonderful place to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! I can feel the humidity in the greenhouse from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You joined a hiking group Kate?!?!? Oh that is good news, I'm guessing that means your knee is back to 100%? Adore your new header shot and all the gorgeous blooms here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are a cheerful sight in wintertime! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sight to see, all those blooms. Congrats on joining a walking group. It is lots of fun hiking with a bunch of people and a camera. The new header is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I do like all that pink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!