Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Remodeling Efforts

 The Jewish Community Center in St. Paul is in the middle of a huge construction addition and remodeling effort that will have expanded space and new areas to enjoy.  As typical of any effort like this, part of the space seems disorganized. These life size photos and signs help correct some of the confusion.

My own body has endured similar disarray and confusion since my total knee replacement so I decided that I, too, need some remodeling! Yesterday I started training with a delightful young man in the Fitness Center. Because I am still healing, we are working on my "core" (the term makes me giggle) and upper body. When Dane, my new hero, was introducing me to the machines and adjusting the weights, I apprehensively reminded him that I am a grandmother.  His reply? "Yes, but you will be a STRONG grandmother!" How can you not love a young man like that?

Linking to signs, signs

11 comments:

  1. Our YMCA is undergoing a pool remodel which is yet to be finished ( several months late). These signs would have been great. And brava to you Kate for your new efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun way to find your way! Good for you Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy ve! Sorry you have had problems. Life sure as hell does get complicated. I think your training regime will be good for you and you will be, indeed, a strong grandmother. Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool signs. Sounds like some positive messages are being sent to you via the training. You will be a very strong grandmother, blogger and photographer. :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Go for strong, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I need to do this too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing your well with your new knee. Having replaced several bodily parts the knee was the toughest for therapy rehabbing to get it bend but it also was the shortest time to accomplish. Looking back a bit I so enjoyed your post on the sunken garden at Como. Many fond memories there of winter visits as a boy with my mom...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you. I have started working out at a gym. Also taking a balance course there....but alas. I had a nasty fall walking down the street and cracked a rib. NO working out for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your comments, Kate. Hope you are receiving the best care and that the healing is going well. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!