Sunday, July 02, 2017

Alaskan Cruise #5

Our ship as seen from shore at our first port city, Sitka. It looks like a huge ship but with a maximum of 386 passengers it is quite small, compared with other cruise lines. It is one of 7 ships owned by an Italian company. We spent many hours in the Observation Deck, quietly and gratefully watching the water and land slip by. What a treat!!


 Our suite was bedroom and living area combined. Very
comfortable. Note the curtains by the bed which were black-out drapes since we were in Alaska during White Nights. It also provided privacy for Jim, who is a late sleeper, when I rose early
to dress and go down for breakfast.


9 comments:

  1. Very nice accommodations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabins on the cruises I have been on don't look like that. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice room that is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very good, like a hotelroom, so cose with the curtains for the bed, like a "four-poster bed"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 386 people is a good number Kate, the cruise ships that take over a thousand scare me ☺ Your room looks very comfortable, exactly what you need on a cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good quarters to be cruising in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very comfortable, nice to relax in after a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks very nice! There are cruise ships now that take almost ten times as many passengers (I actually nearly typed "prisoners." You can guess my attitude from that.). I too am a late sleeper but I'd be reluctant to miss the scenery by sleeping in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a nice size. I refuse to go on the ships with 3,000 passengers. Most of my cruises have been on rivers, with about 170 passengers, though last year I went on a Viking Ocean Cruises ship that holds 960 passengers. I was surprised that it didn't seem too big and it was needed for a Scandinavian cruise.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!