Friday, December 02, 2016

Meet Marlena

Although I am still on a blogging hiatus, I could not resist speaking to this woman and posting her photos.

While cruising the aisles in Whole Foods in St. Paul yesterday I noticed this woman's crocheted bright hat.  I chatted with Marlena and discovered that almost everything she was wearing she had made herself. Assuming that she was a college student, probably working in fashion design, I quizzed her further,  discovered that she is way beyond typical college age, and was floored when she revealed her age.  I decided to keep that information private!

14 comments:

  1. she's quite talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlena has a lovely smile Kate, I bet she enjoyed talking with you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always impressed by people who sew. This gal has a great eye for style as well as a lovely smile.
    I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like a fun person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a very talented seamstress...don't hear much about seamstresses anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cheerful expression!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks like a fun....and creative person for sure. Love your people on the street profiles. I didn't realize you were back on your hiatus....Whew good to know...I have enough to worry about without worrying about my bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She seems to be a very colorful personality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks very nice and an age doesn't have to be a secret nowadays anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great smiling portrait. I'm curious about what's in her pockets, pouches, and purse. And it looks to me as if she wouldn't resist being surrounded by some cash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice encounter you two enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Couldn't resist coming back to wish you a Very Merry Christmas....and to let you know that you are missed....Janey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, kudos to Wendy! Therapy dogs are wonderful. We had a Golden which while not officially a therapy dog, brought joy to everyone she met, young and old! Hope you're having fun on your hiatus. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!