Thursday, March 19, 2015

Brian Boru Irish Pipe Band




Brian Boru c. 941 – 23 April 1014, Old IrishBrian Bóruma mac CennétigMiddle IrishBrian Bóruma; modern IrishBrian Bóroimhe) was an Irish king who ended the domination of the High Kingship of Ireland by the Uí Néill. Building on the achievements of his father, Cennétig mac Lorcain, and especially his elder brother, Mathgamain, Brian first made himself King of Munster, then subjugated Leinster, eventually becoming King of Ireland. He is the founder of the O'Brien dynasty.
Credit: Wikipedia

11 comments:

  1. I enjoy being Irish for a day! And who doesn't love watching a parade?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting links here Kate, thanks. Love to see pipe bands with kilts-a-swinging, bagpipes -a -blowing :) Haven't seen kilts like these before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best Irish bar in this city is Brian Boru's. Ya, GREAT kilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost hear the music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pipers definitely look very serious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy hearing a pipe band. But a little goes a long way. Love the kilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sound of bagpipes. You can almost hear them looking at your picture.
    I thought all day about that corn beef you were cooking. Bet it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Men is skirts and socks, always makes me laugh. The piper music is great to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! Great looking band!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can almost hear the pipes here. Lucky you that you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!