Thursday, September 18, 2008

Birthday Quiz


Sorry folks, but no-one guessed what was in the gift box I posted on September 11. DH knows that I love perfume, and he's a careful observer. He noticed that a bottle of my favorite scent, Tuscany, by Estee Lauder (the nearly-empty one in front) was getting low. It's been increasingly hard to get but he tracked it down and bought a bottle for me. Behind the perfume is a make-up kit containing lots of lipsticks and other fun cosmetics. Last year he found a company that makes perfume that is no longer sold and he ordered a bottle of a scent, Replique, that I used to wear when we were dating. In addition, he gave both of us a subscription to the Minnesota Opera this season. Gotta love the guy!

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you made out like a bandit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way to be remembered while alive, still kicking and looking good. Not to mention smelling like a dream. Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kate !

    Wonderful post !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A man like that is to be treasured indeed..
    Such a pretty feminine collection of gifts. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kate. I love Tuscany and used to wear it all the time. Are they not making it anymore? My husband has been buying me different scents for a year or two, so I didn't realize that it was endangered.

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your DH is so romantic. I love that he noticed your favorites and gave you a gift that was given much thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetheart of a husband! He sounds like a man who really knows what his woman likes!

    BTW, thanks for asking about the plantation office building on my blog. It used to be a 19th Century doctor's office. This one was renovated as an overseer's office since there is already an old doc's office across the street at Heritage Village.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I would ever have guessed that! What a guy you've got, he sure knows you well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a thoughtful and perceptive guy you have. Hang on to him. Hope your birthday was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am LOL at JIm's comment. Haven't heard "making out like a bandit in years", thanks Jim for the laugh. And Abe's comment was great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to feel that you are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww... that's sweet! I like it when some thought and effort has gone into a gift. And I'm sure you'll both enjoy the opera!

    ReplyDelete
  14. belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kate. A gift like the Opera tickets makes it last all year, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog; I appreciate it! Come back often!!